Are you looking for a weekend getaway from the busy life of Mumbai? With so many gorgeous beaches and picturesque hills, why not pack up for a getaway? The destinations we have listed for you are real stress busters. Opt for one of these places near Mumbai for a quick getaway. Read on to know some of the best weekend getaways near Mumbai.
For a perfect weekend escape
1. Kolad is situated just 100 kms away from Mumbai. It is located on the banks of Kundalika River. This sleepy village is perfect for adventure junkies. What with rafting, jungle camping, kayaking, para sail, aeromodelling etc., a fun filled weekend awaits you.
2. Just a few hours journey from Mumbai is the famous Saputara Hill Station. This lovely place is situated on the top of the forest plateau. Enjoy the scenic beauty in peace and tranquility.
3. Mandhwa is one of the most popular weekend getaways near Mumbai. The place is accessible by the sea and even the land. Over the years, this sleepy village has been transformed into a major water sports hub.
4. Enrich your weekend with culture and history. The Ajanta and Ellora Caves are extremely famous in Aurangabad. Ajanta and Ellora are separated by the distance of 100 kms. These UNESCO Heritage Sites provide a peek into the ancient paintings and sculptures of the past. You can find the paintings of Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism.
5. Visit Goa to enjoy the magnificent beach activities during weekend. The beaches offer an overwhelming array of activities. You can enjoy the real adrenaline infused activities here and there is no dearth of luxury hotels and restaurants.
6. A range of interesting activities and things can be enjoyed to the fullest in Pune. Attend the headphone party in and dance the entire night. You can also visit the Osho Ashram and enjoy the serenity.
7. Morachi Chincholi is a village of tamarind trees. It is popularly known as the town of dancing peacocks. Peacock watching here is one of the most popular activities undertaken.
8. Gokarna is a small temple village. You will also discover exquisite food, secluded beaches and untouched beauty in this village.
9. Panchgani exudes real charm and beauty. This hill station in Maharashtra is renowned for its premier residential educational institutions.
Ravel and marvel – Go sightseeing
Enjoy sightseeing activities to make your getaway just perfect. Here are a few to help you go around with ease.
1. Ganpatipule is a small town located in Ratnagiri carrying spectacular beaches onto the Konkan Coast. The place, is filled with coconut palms and mangroves in plenty, perfect for nature lovers.
2. Sitting on the top of the Sahyadris Mountain is the beautiful Matheran. Matheran is the hot weekend getaway.
3. Mahabaleshwar is another place famous for the sightseeing activity. It was the summer capital of the Mumbai Presidency during the rule of the British. Here, visitors can enjoy the real blend of old world charm with modern world.
4. Keechakadara has plenty of things to offer for people on the lookout for weekend getaways from Mumbai.
5. Bhandardara is quintessential for those who are looking for a quick short journey getaway. It offers visitors with stunning surroundings.
The everyday hustle and bustle of city life can make anyone pine for some peaceful and tranquil moments. The positive side about this hectic metropolitan city, it has a lot of excellent weekend getaway holiday destinations. These quick yet awesome weekend getaways near Mumbai are oh-so-perfect. So enjoy these best places near and around Mumbai during your weekend. Make your weekends more cherishing and memorable.