Ramadan will soon be drawing to an end with Muslims around the globe gearing up to celebrate the end of holy month of Ramadan. Apart from the usual practices, we present you 10 fun things to do to make the most of this Eid-ul-Fitr. Here, take a look –
1. Wake up early, take a shower (ghusl), dress nicely, clean the house and make sure you clean the house as well, properly. Get everyone in on this. Also, some nice incense or ‘bakhoor’ will be a great idea.
2. Make sure everyone (family and friends) have a day off from work or other commitments. Set up a family gift exchange. One Catch : Put everyone’s names on paper, roll it, put it in a box and make everyone pull one out. Whosoever gets picked has to buy that person a gift. Sounds fun, no?!
3. Put on a nice CD of your favorite Islamic music or ‘Nasheed’ to elevate the overall energy of the house.
4. Call away some far away friend or email or simply send postcards to greet your loved ones with “Happy Eid”.
5. Going to the Eid prayer? Take your own rug or sheet and save on time. Hug and greet everyone, even the random strangers. Look for those who are alone and invite them home for a meal.
6. Cook something different from usual and surprise everyone. Try your hands on baking and bake cookies, ‘mamools’ or cakes. Alternatively go out and eat as a family. Invite your non-Muslims friends to join the feast.
7. Head over to an orphanage or old age home with your friends and take along some gifts and cards with you.
8. Make cooking arrangements and set the breakfast table a night before to reduce the morning rush. Set the perfect tone for Eid the next morning.
9. Girls love to put henna (mehendi) with beautiful designs on this day. Get yourself some groovy designs of Mehendi to channel the perfect Eid vibe.
10. Don’t forget to share your Eid with your neighbors. You can make some nice dessert or cake to share it with them.
11. Record the Eid day events starting from the morning until the day ends and make this Eid even more memorable. All the tech geeks of the house, get to work!
12. Plan some games or entertainment event for friends and family. Get the younger people of the house to volunteer for some great fun ideas. Wait, don’t forget your camera!
This Eid, gorge on to your heart’s content and get exclusive Ramadan deals on your favorite outlets with Crown it. Wish all of you a Happy Eid Mubarak!