A hectic week can make you crave for a weekend outing. If you’re a Delhiite, you got no worries! With numerous options, a quick weekend getaway near Delhi NCR will be easy peasy. The capital is located close to many magnificent places. Ensure you get a quick holiday that will leave you refreshed and stress free, we have listed 10 awesome weekend getaways nearby Delhi NCR.
1. Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh: This is the birth town of Lord Krishna. The place where he spent his childhood. Vrindavan should definitely be on your list of must-visit places. Located at a distance of 141 km from Delhi, pilgrims come here to experience peace and purity. You can also explore the temples of this holy city.
2. Nainital, Uttarakhand: One of the most popular hill stations, one can easily reach Nainital in 6-7 hrs. Nainital is a popular tourist spot. It is located amidst lush greens of the majestic Himalayas. The Naina Devi Hindu temple and lake are not to be missed.
3. Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh: A popular cantonment and town, Kasauli is a colonial hill station. It has some extremely popular tourist attractions. It is filled with churches and Gurudwaras for the tourists. The city is famous for its historical architecture and houses of the colonial era.
4. Mussoorie, Uttarakhand: A quaint and calm hill station, Mussoorie is the perfect weekend getaway not far away from Delhi NCR. This serene place is situated in the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayan ranges. The city has an elevation of 2005 meters and can be reached from Delhi in around 6 hours.
5. Almora, Uttarakhand: Almora is one of the most sought after tourist spots. It is famous for its beautiful and breathtaking views of the Himalayas. The city is located at a distance of 360 km from Delhi. It is culturally rich with handicrafts and great cuisine.
6. Valley of Flowers, Uttarakhand: This popular national park is located in the west Himalayas. Valley of Flowers is known for its rich meadows of alpine flowers. This park serves as a home to many diverse animal species. Such as Asiatic black bear, musk deer, brown bear, red fox and many other diverse fauna.
7. Rishikesh, Uttarakhand: Rishikesh is one of the most ideal weekend getaways from Delhi. This place is known as the Gateway to the Garhwal Himalayas. Rishikesh is a sacred spot for many Vaishnava devotees. But it is mostly frequented by young people for its adventure tourism. The city can be reached within 5 hours from Delhi.
8. Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, Rajasthan: Bharatpur is a popular Avifauna Sanctuary. It serves as a haven for some of the rarest species of birds that one would not see anywhere else in India. This place is a favourite among tourists during winters. The sanctuary has now been named as the Keoladeo Ghana National Park.
9. Amritsar, Punjab: The city of the Golden Temple, Amritsar is visited by devotees from all walks of life. Pilgrims visit this haven to attain spirituality and bliss. It is also one of the most perfect weekend getaways from Delhi. Ensure you get spiritual satisfaction. The Golden Temple is a popular Sikh pilgrimage in the city of Amritsar.
10. Jim Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand: The Corbett National Park is a beloved destination. It is well known for its Tiger Reserve. Jim Corbett National Park is one of the few places in the country where Tigers can be sighted. A road trip with friends to this wonderful retreat will be ideal.
So, there you have it. These are some of the most visited destinations near Delhi. Plan your weekend getaways from Delhi to some of these above spots. A refreshing holiday awaits you. Also, experience cashback like never before. Download Crownit and book a hotel through us for fabulous cashback.